Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tulips N Anemones

This is the corner block. I've finished one of the four corners. Took my time to get it done. Now I am concentrating on the side blocks. I''ll try to finish that then get on with the other 3 corner blocks. I'll leave the center block till the last. That should be interesting!!

Monday, September 22, 2008

I've finished sewing the Baltimore quilt top!! I added two borders using the same fabrics as the inner frames. The first border is 3 inches and the second border is 6 inches. The finished size for this quilt is 90.5 inches by 72.5 inches. Not bad for a project that started out as a wall hanging!! Wall hangings are nice but not as useful as bed quilts. LOL

Sunday, September 21, 2008

When I started this project, the first thing in my mind was to make it colorful. I think I managed to do that!! LOL
As I have to try and make it bigger, I decided to add two frames around it. I cut 2 in strips for the frames. All the blocks have the same color inner frame. I used two different fabrics for the inner frame. The outer frame fabric matches the applique. If, a very big if, I make 4 more blocks, I can easily turn it into a king size quilt just have to add borders only!! WOW!!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Baltimore Quilt

I was supposed to share this project with a couple of my cousins and their friends but I backed out because of distance. My hometown is more than 2 hrs away by plane!! So when I went back, I met up with my cousins and saw their blocks. I was so inspired that I told myself I must try to complete mine! I took my blocks out today to see how I can join them together. It is supposed to be a wall hanging but I think I might want to make it into a single size quilt. LOL

Monday, September 15, 2008

Teapot valance

I have been rather busy the last week or so. Still on holiday! LOL I thought I'd better blog a little just to let some of you know that I havent forgotten or lost interest in my blog.
This is a valance my sister and I made for our friend, Haminah. We used the same method as the other valance I made for my kitchen. Fusible webbed it then blanket stitched it. It is a quick and easy project to make. And it's a nice gift to give to people you treasure!!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I couldn't resist starting on the corner block! The colors for the flowers are the same as the side blocks. The only difference is the orange bow and the position of the flowers. When I started on the side block, I changed the colors a few times! LOL yes, I had to unpick the applique. It is better to do that because if you don't change it, you may end up not liking the end product after all the effort you have put in!!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tulips N Anemones

This is one of the side blocks that I have already completed. I've finished 2 blocks and I still have 8 more blocks to go. I am not very good in applique as you can see! Let's hope I get better with each block ! LOL
In between doing this, I quilt a little. Trying to finish Lyn's quilt. Every little bit help!!