Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I managed to sew all the blocks together. I really like this variation. I love how one block can make it look so complicated and nice!! I really think I should make a scrappy quilt in this pattern!! LOL

Sunday, September 27, 2009

This is a one-block quilt. There are so many variations to this. It is easy to put the blocks together because it's only one block for the whole quilt!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Putting all the small squares together. This is will make 56 blocks.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Made all the squares! These are all trimmed down to 5'' squares. This is an easy pattern to make. Seriously thinking of making another one with scrap fabrics!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Friendship Bag Swap

Here is my Friendship bag and goodies. Had fun putting them together!! Just sent it off to my partner in the US. I hope she likes them. I put together some Japanese fabric, two packets of buttons and two hangers for minature quilts. I've also added a packet of applique needles (these are really, really needles to die for, if you are into applique... LOL) and something for Halloween.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

These are all 3in strips. I've sewed them together with the beige strips. Then they are cut into 3in segments and joined together to form squares.

Oh for info, I've put aside my Honey Bee blocks because I'm still deciding about the plain blocks.....should I or should I not applique some flowers on the plain blocks..??? LOL

Monday, September 21, 2009

Buckeye Beauty Quilt

I saw this quilt pattern in a shop. The quilt was made up of scraps but controlled in a sense that one fabric is holding all the scraps together! As I am pressed for time, I decided not to use scraps but these fabrics instead. The beige will be the control fabric. I did not know the name of the pattern so I went through the internet to search for it. I found it in Quilt Blocks Galore. The wonders of the internet world!!! LOL

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Clothespin bags!!

Made some more of these as gifts.....Christmas is around the corner!! LOL

Saturday, September 19, 2009

I have been busy the last few days making this bag which I've just completed and also made five more clothespin bags ( Will post the pictures later)!!
I made this bag with the remainder fabric. I still have enough left to make one more!! This bag is not as big as the other one. I've done some decorative stitching around the squares and also on the handles. I think by going into craftwork, I have also got to know my sewing machine a little bit better!!! LOL

Sunday, September 13, 2009

I've done all the machine applique. Laid all the blocks on the floor to have a look! I don't know if I should applique some flowers on the plain blocks. Still thinking about it!! I was inspired by quayquilter.blogspot.com. She made a lovely honey bee quilt and I wanted one of my own too!!! LOL

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thanks for the suggestion, Gina! I did spend some time trying out all the different stitch width and length. I found this one which I like very much! It's a 0.5 smaller stitch length. I decided not to remove the stitches that I've done on the other 5 blocks!!! Don't want to spoil the applique. From far, you can't really see the different stitch width because it's only a 0.5 difference!! LOL

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Honey Bee Quilt

This project was started last October! LOL The first block was appliqued by hand. However, I decided I better try to applique by machine because of time constraint!!! (LOL it's almost a year and I haven't finish it!!) I started on the wings first. I wanted the stitches to be smaller but I can't get it to the size I want. This is the best that I can do! I am using this setting..pressure foot 2...stitch pattern 25....stitch size 1.5 Any suggestions???

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I am so glad this is completed! It is not perfect but it will have to do!!! I've made a few mistakes along the way and had to ripped out the lining a few times but at the end of it, I think the bag doesn't look too bad! LOL I want to try making at least one more bag!!!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Trying to fix the lining onto the bag.
Made a big pocket on one side of the lining. I turned the bag inside out to attach the lining. I've also added a zipper for the bag.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Sewed the sides together. It does look better with just one strip of the squares at the bottom of the bag! Imagine the bag with all the square patches.... LOL

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

LOL Yes! I took out three of the square strips from each side and added a plain fabric instead. Thanks for the advice, Gina! But I didn't want to do any more applique! Still lots to do on my Tulips N Anemones applique! Not giving up on that yet!! LOL

Sewed all the strips together. After doing that I find that I don't quite like it! Too many squares!! LOL