Wednesday, March 25, 2015
This was one of my UFOs which was tucked away in the cupboard. It was all basted and was just waiting to be quilted!!! I finally decided to take it out and quilt it!! Needed some space in the cupboard for more stuff!! I did simple straight lines with the even foot across the squares and free hand motion quilting for the flowers. As I am still not an expert in that, I actually did draw the flowers but didn't quilt it exactly on the line!! The petals on the flowers are supposed to be rounded on the edges but I made it pointed and sharp...I find it easier to quilt! :-)
Monday, March 16, 2015
I did some simple quilting on the quilt top. My sister added the extra hearts and figures on the top to make it more interesting. We tried to make it colourful because African fabric colors are very bright and colorful!! I love the choice of colors on this quilt!! I think my sister did a fantastic job in chosing the colors!!!
We gave Branden his quilt on Christmas day.
The finished quilt!!! My sister, Adeline, on the left!!
Grandma looking at her granddaughter drawing/writing her message.
Some of the messages on the quilt... It was fun for everyone to draw/write their messages. We don't know when we'll see Branden again. We hope it will be soon and we pray for his health and safety everyday. :-)
Saturday, March 14, 2015
I found this pattern in the Salvation Army Thrift Shop in Fremantle, Australia. When I saw it, I immediately thought of my nephew, Branden, who is in the Peace Corps and is currently teaching Maths and Physics in Tanzania. I thought a quilt like this will remind him of his time there in Africa. We are very proud of him. He has also started a fund for his students. If you would like to donate, please copy and paste this link on your browser.
This quilt is a joint effort between my sister, Adeline, and I. She sorted all the fabrics, sewed all the appliqué and pieced together the whole quilt top!! My job is just to quilt!
Friday, March 13, 2015
Bought this pattern online from Burda.com. Be prepared to print and join all the pieces of A4 together (at least 40 pages) :-) This pattern can be made into a dress as well. I added stitch lines on the sleeves, bottom of the blouse and Chinese buttons to make it look more oriental. I also made slits (not sure if you call it slits!) for the sleeves.
He said he does't like the red flowery shirt :-( So I gave it to one of my nephews who was so happy to have it!!! :-) It was fun making all the the clothes!!
Ann's CNY blouse
Cut this pattern out by tracing around an old blouse of mine!! I added Chinese buttons on the sleeves on top of the slits.
I did make another dress but I forgot to take a picture of it :-(