Monday, April 13, 2015

Ohio Star and Cross Country Quilt


I made this quilt in 2008 when I first started my blog.  Yes, it has been in my UFO cupboard since then!!  I finally decided to take it out and quilt it!!  Can't wait to see it on my bed!!  It is so easy to piece together a quilt but so hard to get it quilted!!!

I am quilting it along the ditch with an even foot.  I find that it easy to quilt that way.  I have divided the quilt into 4 sections and have already quilted 3 sections.  After the 4th section, I have to start again on the other direction so that all sides will be quilted.  This quilt is quite bulky because the batting is thick.  I wanted a thick one because at that time I didn't think that I would use a machine to quilt it.  The throat of this Juki machine is slightly bigger than the normal sewing  machine and yet I find it quite hard to move  the quilt.  Was really tempted to change the batting!  LOL

No comments: